Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer before school starts - What shall I do???

With summer officially starting tomorrow and less than 60 days until school starts (56 to be exact), I feel I have so much to do!!

• I need to sit down and establish a concrete budget and stick to it.
• Get adjusted to the new job I will start some time this month or at the beginning of July.
• Establishing a better work wardrobe.
• Move in with my friend (driving at least a hour to and from work is not gonna cut it once school starts). 
• Go through the material I have obtain from students who graduated from the law school I am attending.
• Start waking up at 5am (between working and school, I am going to need the time in the morning) – Just Monday-Thursday.
• Buy a laptop.
• Go school supply shopping (I am TOO crunk about this – yes I am a nerd! LOL)
• Rest…
• Work on my Television addiction.
• Establish an exercise routine.
• Go visit the rest of my friends/sorors.
• Get Organized.
• MOST IMPORTANT: Get myself mentally prepared to handle working and the large course load.

I know that there is no “perfect” way to prepare for law school, but I just want to make sure that I have every “i” dotted and every “t’ crossed. This is my “second time around” and I am really trying NOT to make the same mistakes twice. It is one thing to enter into your first year blind and not knowing what to expect, but I know what to expect!!! I know exactly the magnitude of this journey I am about to embark on. The question is, I don’t know if this is a good or bad thing.

For starters, I am wondering…..
• If I should start working on my flashcards for criminal law.
• Obtain horn books/nutshells to read casually over the summer.
• Work on my briefing.
I am not trying to teach myself law or anything like that, but at least I can have a “broad” overview of what I will be studying.

Soooo….. This is what I will be doing this summer along with a TON OF PLEASURE READING. Feel free to check out my other blog about my love of everything books and reading!! http://www.booksnobwannabe.blogspot.com/

No comments: