Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Week "END" Review! 7-11-10

This week has been interesting... More of a roller coaster ride to be exact.


I learned that the job I was offered is no longer available (well it is no longer available to me!). I was really not given an explanation other than to call HR. This is after the FACT that I was offered the job, took and pass the drug test, criminal background check, AND lie detector exam. Most importantly this was AFTER they told me that I needed to register my car in Louisiana before the week was over (this was on a Monday and had to have it done by that Friday). So here I am trying to come up with $800.00 to register the car, get my Louisiana license back, and to get a Louisiana insurance policy. After all this you tell me, "I am sorry, but the job offer is no longer available to you." WHAT????!!!! Thank goodness I was smart enough to stay at my current job until I was given my start date.

After the anger went away, I started to think that maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Maybe I am right where I am suppose to be. It may not pay well, but other things outweigh that significantly. I can and am making great connections with people in the legal community and I am gaining tons of real life courtroom experience that I would never receive from sitting in a classroom. Basically I am walking in faith because it is obvious that this is where God wants me to be right now and who am I go against that?

In other (good) news......

I will officially be moving closer to work and school Friday!!! I am becoming roommates with one of my closet friends (she has been on this journey with me and been one of my biggest supporters). To say I am excited is an understatement:
  1. I will literally be TEN MINUTES (at the most) away from work!!! It has been taking me 2 hours to get to work and at least 1 1/2 hours to get home.
  2. 15 minutes from school.
  3. No more country life!!!! I will be living in the capital city downtown in the heart of everything!!!
Lastly, I basically spent the weekend packing and being up under my mom.  I had not lived with her since I was 17 and went off to college.  So here I am after 10 years moving back in with my mom, this was a major adjustment for us to say the least.  LOL!!!!  Nevertheless a great one, I would not trade it for the world, but its time for me to go.  SEE YA LATER!!!!

No comments: