Friday, July 30, 2010

Financial Fridays....

I am thinking about starting a series called....... FINANCIAL FRIDAYS

Since my 28th birthday is coming up in September, I am now more than ever, focusing on becoming the woman I've have always wanted to be.  In order to do this, I need to become more in control with the following things:
  1. Faith
  2. A positive attitude
  3. Good Health
  4. Financial Security
During my time in law school, I will be putting myself first.  I will use the remainder of this year to focus on taking the steps needed in order to achieve my goals. 

The two most important ones for the this year is to do extremely well my first semester and to become current AND one month ahead on ALL MONTHLY EXPENSES. 

How am I going to do that?  Of course by using the good ole refund check and continuing to work while I go to school.  The last time I mention employment, I told you guys about the job offer that fell through.  Well guess what????  I have a new job!!!

It is in the legal field and I know that I will gain valuable knowledge (just as I did at my last job) and most importantly, I have very good hours and my boss is very encouraging about me obtaining my law degree.  He even offered to help me regarding course work!!! 

The only negative thing is that I was told one thing regarding my pay, but the pay is actually lower.  Nevertheless I think this place is an excellent fit for my first semester.  It is a great environment where I can get some reading done when there is not a lot to do and I don't have to worry about being interrupted.

However after finals, I will start looking for other employment...... Maybe I will just like it here so much that I would not want to leave...... So knows. 

WE SHALL SEE!!!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

2 comments:

Eve said...

congrats on the new job. I glad I am finished with school, now I can get back to reading your blog! When does your semester start

B.C. said...

Thanks!!

Orientation is next Thursday and classes It seem like my summer went by extremely too fast, hopefully the semester does the same thing!! LOL!!