Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Weight Wednesdays

On Friday, I discussed that I was working on the following items:
  1. Faith
  2. A positive attitude
  3. Good Health
  4. Financial Security.
This post will focus on developing good and better health. I am on a mission to not only to lose weight, but also get in shape. Earlier in life (just like many females) I was extremely skinny and being black, that was not a good thing. Being a senior in high school weighing 90-95 pounds and being 4’11, the only thing I had going for myself was big boobs. I desperately wanted curves and ass like everyone else. After graduating college, I was at a good 110 pounds. Even with the 10-15 pound gain, I still gained no curves and ass. Just a stick with tits……. I did not start to gain weight until January 2004…….hmmmm…..this was at the time I found out that I flunked. Connection???? Maybe so…

Now 6 ½ years later, I have ballooned to 150 pounds!!! Ten years ago this time I was preparing to leave for college any day weighing maybe 95 pounds and stressing because I could not find jeans sized 00. Being that I am 150 pounds, I swear that 10-15 of it is breast, matter of fact, an old doctor of mine told me it was. I was telling him that I wanted to lose weight and he stated, “well only aim for 10 pounds because your breast is at least 10 pounds because of their size.” I cannot believe I have let myself get this way. Now I am in no way fat or anything of that nature, but I am completely unsatisfied with my body and if I am not happy, it is going to project out and cause stress. This is the very thing that is happening. I know my issues with my weight are causing me to make horrible choices in men. However, that is another story for another post.

Now not only am I (in my and BMI opinion) overweight, but I am so out of shape that it is ridiculous. It is as if I wake up feeling tired. I seriously thought something was wrong me because I will lose breathe with just walking a couple of steps or walking up ONE flight of stairs. I was scared. Nevertheless seeing a doctor, I found out that I am anemic. Therefore, now that I have that in order and no longer stressing that something is wrong, I can focus of becoming better health wise.

How am I going to become healthier? By eating better, eliminating fast food and sodas, taking my iron pills for my anemia, taking vitamins, and………..

The Insanity Workout!!
(more on that next week…)

No comments: