Monday, August 30, 2010

The Week "END" Review! 8-29-10

Last week's post, after reading it, was very depressing, and after actually picking up the book and reading.  It was not so bad.  I guess I just had a bad case of nerves.

We had our first “official” week of school and I did not start on the right foot because I did not get the appropriate amount of sleep (because I procrastinated and didn’t start studying until 5pm) so by the time I left work and made it to class, I was exhausted.
Funny storyAs I was about to leave work and head to campus to get some reading done before class, my boss asked me did I have my books in the car. After replying yes, he requested that I go get them out of the car and go over the cases with him!!!! At first I was like what????? Nevertheless I am so grateful that he took interest because he really help me understand the cases and I felt like, “Ok I think I can do this.” I felt like I comprehended the material and actually went to class with confidence.

I am becoming more confident that I will do well my first semester.  Now that my mental state is getting better, I need to start focusing on my procrastination.  This needs to be eliminated before next weekend.  It is a problem that I am glad I am noticing now.  At the beginning of the week I was thinking that maybe working and going to school is not the best thing for me, but I am wrong.  I am learning a lot at work and all I really need to do is use my time wisely (and truthfully I am not).

OHHHH...  This week has been interesting in the money department.  I try to remain as discrete as possible because I do not want ANYTHING coming back to haunt me, but I can officially say I HATE THE FINANCIAL AID DEPARTMENT.  I just want someone to explain to me how can I do everything in a timely (no EARLY) fashion, and every step of the way I have had issues.  It came to a point this week that it distracted me from concentrating in a seminar that I was attending.  Thank goodness I have a job making a little money or I would be up the street.  The sad thing is that I still don't have my money and don't even know when I am going to get it.  SMH.......

Lastly, a "blast from my past" came to town this weekend.  It was a pleasant surprise to say the least.  It made me aware of how I want a relationship, but how right now..... it would not be possible.  How selfish would I be to try and start something now?  I barely can find time during the week to eat dinner and then my weekends (should) consist of studying.  It would be impossible. 

Next weekend is Labor Day weekend and I wanting to use those THREE days to read ahead and get on the ball. 

Wish me luck!!!

No comments: