Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Weight Wednesdays - The Insanity Workout

I first found out about Insanity from not being able to sleep one night, there was nothing on TV so when the infomercial caught my attention, I watched it. When finding out it was from the same people who created P90X (which I have and highly recommend to people) and that I had two sorority sisters who did it and received excellent results because of it, I knew I had to have it.


At first I thought I was apart of a great secret (I love feeling like I know of something nobody else knows about), but what I didn’t know was that it very popular and getting more popular by word of mouth.

From the information I have, Shaun T (the person who created it) uses a technique called “Max Interval Training”. You are (in my opinion) basically working out at an extreme pace for a period of time (because to me there is not even a warm up!) and then you take this very short (maybe 30 seconds) break before you start the routine again, this time FASTER!!!! Then once again you take another short break and for the third time, YOU GO EVEN FASTER! Insane huh? My thoughts exactly!

The workout is 60 days long (I officially started Monday, 8/9/10), and being that today is day three, I have no comment other than it is hard as hell and I really am going to have to pray in order to get to the finish line. I keep thinking that I really need to get in shape and get to my desired weight. However, sometime just thinking that is not enough.

With an average of 40 minutes for the first 60 days and an hour the second 60 days, I realize that in order to get the full affect of the workout, I will have to do them first thing in the morning. Maybe it will provide me with the boost I am going to need throughout the day.

I been thinking that I should have started the program at the beginning of the summer so that I could have it finish by now. Now I feel that I am adding this extremely hard workout regime to my schedule as well as work and school. Nevertheless, that is water under the bridge and it is not as if I want to wait and do it after the semester is over. Maybe this is just the thing to keep me focus and my mind off unnecessary (men) things. Wake up, work out, go to work, go to class, study, come home, shower, and go to bed. PERFECT…..

Now what I am sure of is that I am nowhere near physically ready to be doing this workout. Remember, I was waking up tired, but my mission this first go round (yes I am probably going to do this workout regime the entire semester) is to just get through the workout each day. I am not trying to actually “be” Shaun T or the people on the video. If I do that, I will burn out fast and eventually quit (like I done with the P90X). My focus the first round is to learn the moves accurately and gain more energy and stamina. If I do not do it this way, I will bite off more than I can chew and quit.



This the closest I could find to my body type.  Hopefully I get the same (or better) results as she did!

2 comments:

strangedicta said...

I LOVE the Insanity workout! It's great! Really hard but I feel so proud when I'm done with it...

Good luck with the workout...

B.C. said...

Thanks!!!

For me, its harder mentally than physically.