Friday, September 17, 2010

Financial Fridays: Becoming Financially Stable

I finally finally recieved my REFUND CHECK from school!!!  OMG....  I am glad I was working because it really put a strain on my finances getting it so late. 

Every Monday without fail, I wake up and say, "Why the hell am I working AND going to school?  This is hard!!"  Could I make it with just my loan check alone?  Yes, but will it be extremely hard.  Trust me, there is a method behind this madness I am putting myself through. 

Since I just turned 28, I am embarking on a new stage in life.  There is one thing (other than my weight) that needs major improvement.

FINANCES

I can admit that I never been ignorant to the ways of having a good relationship with money and obtaining a  good credit history.  It is just that my past immaturity and lack of career opportunities made it a tough journey/challenge. It was particularly tough because no one taught me to manage my funds.  Thanks to my love of books, I taught myself, but due to the lack of funds, I could never put any of my learning into action.

I am financially coming to terms with knowing that I have to make sacrifices (and actually doing it) for a big return later.  I feel like since I will be in school. this is the perfect time.  My goal is to be debt free except for my car loan (08 Corrolla) and student loans by the time I am 30 (September 2012) or at the latest, by the time I graduate (Spr 13 or 14).

How am I going to do this?  Examining my financial mindset (something I am working on as we speak) and preparing myself for the adjustments and lastly coming to terms that it will not happen over night.

Things I am working on:
  1. Setting my financial goals
  2. Creating a budget
  3. Savings
  4. Tracking debt

4 comments:

Eve said...

I would love to talk to you. I am thinking about applying to law school (part time program) and wanted to know more about your first year. I have taken the LSAT already and am in the process of applying just wanted to know how it was working and doing law school at the same time

Unknown said...

I agree. I told my husband this morning I want us to be debt free, besides mortgage and one car loan, by the time we are 30. I plan to start working on it today!!

B.C. said...

@YBP: Please email me anytime. No problem. I will answer all questions.

@Keira: You can do it!!! LOL!!

Notorious Spinks said...

I'm working on it as well.