Monday, October 25, 2010

The time is near....... FINALS

It is getting down to the wire..... I have 29 days before classes end. How am I doing?


Criminal Law 

1. Much better than I thought I was going to do. We are on our 6th hypo with the last two being "gumbo" hypos, which means that it is a scenario with TONS (like 35-40) of crimes in them.

2. I have tackled my first three hypos and created “model” answers for, now I just need to commit them to memory. Which are criminal responsibility, causation, intoxication/insanity and self-defense. I have a lot more to go.

3. My TA for this class has reassured me that I am on the right track so that was encouraging. Lets just hope I can stay on this road....

Contracts

1. Up until now, it was going much worse than I thought it was going to go. I was real excited about this class, but (I think) due to the fact that the book we are using had Damages as the first subject. It took me for a loop. However we have moved on and now I am coming to grips with the new material.

2. At first and probably due to my criminal law professor telling us from day one what he wanted on the final and how he wanted it, I did not know what to expect from her regarding the final. Add in that I did not comprehend the material, I had a recipe of confusion. However everything is slowly coming into place and once I actually give the class the much-needed attention it deserves (because truthfully I have been giving the attention to criminal law), I think I can do wonders in this class.

3. This week or the next one, she will be giving us an "ungraded" midterm. So one class we will take the midterm and next class period we will go over it. Maybe this will help us (b/c I think the entire class is lost) learn what she expects of us regarding the final. After I see the midterm, maybe it will make me more comfortable.

Legal Research & Writing

1. The easiest, hardest class I ever had. LOL.... Seriously...

2. Finished the first draft of the memo. This is 75% of my grade for Legal Writing. I think I am comfortable with it. I have a conference with her to go over it today and I am hoping that I do not have to change a lot of things. I was given this tidbit of advice. COMPLETE THE ENTIRE MEMO so that I can have more input from her. So instead of giving her just the sections that she wanted, I completed the entire thing and I will have more time to work on my weak areas from jump street. I think we get only one more conference with her regarding the memo.

3. I like her teaching method, when she actually does teach. LOL!! It takes a lot of time for her to get her groove and by that time 2 hours have gone by and we only have one left, she tries to cram three hours of lecture into 1. Not good.......

4. With regards to Legal Research, most of that time was spent in the library doing actually legal research using the books. My school pride themselves on teaching their students to use the law library and not just using Westlaw. Actually we are not allowed to use Westlaw until next semester or next year.

5. I have a “Citation” quiz this Thursday, my goal is to ace this because I may need this to balance out the memo grade.

No comments: